Child Nutrition Expert Forum
i am having trouble feeding him

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

i am having trouble feeding him

My two year old son is a very picky eater most of the time hes not hungry he only like yogurt (greek) chicken nuggets an hot dogs an toast eggs but he only will eat a few bite i m very worried that he isnt growing like he should ! I try to give him fruits an veggies an other meats but closes his mouth an says no want it help what should i do ....
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
2
What is your child's height?
:  
33
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
24
It is frustrating when your child is a picky eater. From your measurements, his weight is just below the 10th percentile and his height is just above the 10th percentile. He is within normal range but towards and lower end.
It is good he eats yogurt, hotdogs, and eggs which are all protein sources. Is he drinking milk? You can add ice cream to it as a milkshake (milk, fruit, and ice cream blended) or yogurt smoothies (yogurt, fresh fruit, and frozen fruit) in place of milk so he is getting calories and protein to grow. Suggest giving him the milkshakes or smoothies in place of milk at each meal. A new gadget called ‘Yonanas’ turns frozen bananas and fruit into ice cream. I am not advertizing for the product, however, it is a great way to get a child to eat fruit who is a picky eater. They think they are getting ice cream but it is all fruit. You can mix it into regular ice cream, too. Try engaging him in the kitchen more. Have him help you with setting the table. Hopefully this will increase his interest in food. The most important is to relax at meals. If he will not eat a certain food not eat too much, do not make a fuss over it. Let it go and enjoy the meal. Hoped this helped you.