Child Nutrition Expert Forum
ketogentic diet
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ketogentic diet

my 19 month old girl has recently been placed on this diet to help control siezures so my question is do nero drs. use this diet more now days to control siezures because i read it was how back before meds we have now days thats what they use so is this a last resort or is this being reintroduced in the medical field for siezues? and also how effective is this diet have they been any studies done on this diet recently?
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
The ketogenic diet was the only "therapy" used for people with seizures way before there was medication. When medication was discovered the diet was not used. There was a resurge of the diet back in the early 90's due to the numerous side effects of the seizure medications. This diet has to be well controlled and followed by a medical team due to the medical risks. There has be numerous successes in children that either are completely free of medication or went down to 1-2 types of meds. They found the most success with children under the age of 5 or less. If you want more information, the ‘Charlie Foundation’ is an excellent source. best of Luck.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979