Child Nutrition Expert Forum
my child does not eat much

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

my child does not eat much

Hello my little boy is an extremely fussy eater all he will eat is tinned pasta shapes and bread, I've tried to introduce him to new foods but every time I do he pushes it away saying it's "disgusting" and point blank refuses to eat it, I give him vitamins every morning but I'm at my wits end! Any advice?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
4 yrs
What is your child's height?
:  
not sure but slightly tal
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
2 & half stone
From your measurements, his weight is approximately on the 50th percentile for his age which is normal. It is frustrating when your child is a fussy eater. It is good he is getting vitamins daily. Is he drinking milk? You can add ice cream to it as a milkshake (milk, fruit, and ice cream blended) or yogurt smoothies (yogurt, fresh fruit, and frozen fruit) in place of milk so he is getting calories and protein to grow. A new gadget called ‘Yonanas’ turns frozen bananas and fruit into ice cream. I am not advertizing for the product, however, it is a great way to get a child to eat fruit who is a picky eater. They think they are getting ice cream but it is all fruit. You can mix it into regular ice cream, too. Try engaging him in the kitchen more. Have him help you with setting the table. Hopefully this will increase his interest in food. The most important is to relax at meals. If he will not eat a certain food, do not make a fuss over it. Let it go and enjoy the meal. Hoped this helped you.