Child Nutrition Expert Forum
picky eater

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

picky eater

My son is a picky eater an only likes, vegetable soup, fideo mexican soups, ramen soups, cereals, pancakes and bean soup.
I have tried to give him different foods like fruits, peanut butter, toast, meats, fish and chicken or chicken nuggets
and he wont even try it. I have to smash his food small because he wont eat his food if it's chunky. Does anyone have this problem. I buy yogurts but sometimes he doesnt eat them or he will try one and then he wont. Please help with any ideas. If you had this problem, what was your solution or when did your child start eating different stuff and what age. He's about to turn 4 and will be starting preschool and im afraid that he wont eat anything they serve because he only eats soups. I think that it is easier for him to eat soups cause he can swallow easy and doesn't have to chew or feel like he's going to choke but he's never had this problem so i'm only guessing.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
3 years old
What is your child's height?
:  
3 ft tall
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
30 lbs.
He may need to learn how to chew and swallow food. Some children just do not know how to do it and need to be taught. They need to learn how to chew and swallow food properly; it is not really an instinct behavior like sucking. Has he been evaluated on how to chew food? If not, then suggest getting him evaluated, by going to your MD, and start therapy so he can start to eat regular food. Hoped this helped you.