Child Nutrition Expert Forum
sudden loss of appetite
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sudden loss of appetite

My three year old son use to be a great eater. He would eat a wide variety of foods and never had any problems. A little over a month ago he got a really bad cold which we all had. His appetite was pretty much gone while he was sick and has not come back. His doctor has done a stomach xray and lab tests. His first blood test showed his electrolytes were a little low but a week later were back to normal. He really hasn't lost any weight maybe just a pound or two so his dr isn't concerned. He looks really thin though. I can see all his bones sticking out especially his ribs. He will only eat chips, crackers, and milk. He will not drink pediasure or carnation instant breakfast. I am lost as to what this could be and what I should do.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
What is your child's height?
:  
38 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
34 lbs