Child Nutrition Expert Forum
uncontrolled bowel movements

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

uncontrolled bowel movements
my 41/2 yr old grandson is here for the summer, as every summer. He has been here 2 weeks and he has made a bowel movement on his self everyday sometimes twice a day. today he did #2 on himself 3 times. His mother says she doesn't know what the problem is he just started doing this. He says hie big brother who is 15 hit him in the stomach real hard. I have tryed talking to him and punishment, he still does it and alwys number 2 not urine. I was wondering could this be a medical problem. I have even cut back on snacks, he just keeps making boo-boo on himself.
Try stopping all dairy products. Use dairy substitutes, soy milk, and soy cheese and soy yogurt and see if his bowel movements decrease. If the stool movements decrease, then he may be lactose intolerant and he will need to be tested. Suggest frequent reminders to go to the bathroom and not to punish him for the 'accidents'. Hoped this helped you.