Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
weight loss/ worried intake of calories is too low

My name is Emily . I`m 15 years old. I`d like to lose some weight in the stomach so I may be more confident in myself. I don`t want to do this unhealthily. I am 5`4 127 pounds, I would like to be around 110. I lost 40 pounds last year, I finally got to 130 but now my weight wont budge. I eat around 1500 calories a day and work out 6-7 times a week for about an hour to 2 hours. I've heard this isn't enough for a teenager but i'm not sure. My mom is worried because I've lost my period. Please help me. Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
267079 tn?1195146570
From your measurements your weight is just below the 75th percentile which indicates you are a normal weight for your age and height. Going to 110lbs will be below the weight you should be at. For a 15 years old you need to consume 1800-2000 calories a day because you are still growing. If you would like to tone up your stomach suggest abdomen exercises, such as sit-ups, crushes, etc., plus yoga. Women need a certain level of fat in their bodies for menstruation to occur. Suggest increasing your calorie intake to 1800-2000/day, change some of the exercises you do, and decrease the amount of days you work-out to help bring back your menstruation and tone up your abdomen. Hoped this helped you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now