Child Nutrition Expert Forum
why my 3YR son wants to eat all the time

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

I have a 3yr son that wants to eat all the time. He weights 29 pounds and is 36" height. Example he wakes up and eats 2 bananas plus 2 scrambled eggs and a pancake. after all that he still ask for more. I dont get it. He has a stomach the size of his hand.He doesn't gains wieght an is always asking for something to eat. Is this normal? He sometimes eats like 4 or 5 bananas a day plus all the other food.
Your son is within the normal weight and height range for his age. Is he very active throughout the day? You stated he does not gain weight and yet eats the food. It sounds like he is very active or has a high metabolism rate, which is ok. He needs the food to keep up with his activities. You see people who can eat all they want and do not appear heavy because they have a high metabolism rate (their bodies uses up calories faster) or they are in constant motion, which uses up calories too. As long as he grows over time at a steady pace, he will be fine.
My son is 3 years (3/11/2005) and weighs 29lb and is 36" tall
Yes, your son is within the normal weight and height range for his age so he is fine. Let him eat.