Children - Special Needs Community
2 1/2 Yr.old, ferver, swollen upper lip?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Greetings Everyone, our daughter just a couple days developed a fever, and her upper lip started to become swollen. The fever we treated with childrens tylenol and it seemed to do the trick, but it comes and goes. Now her upper lip is swollen and her lower lip is showing signs as well, she keeps picking at it and I can tell it's painful as now there are newly formed scabs from her constant touching it. She is still using a baby bottle, do you think perhaps one of the liners could have become infected somehow? Also my wife and i thought at first that perhaps she is getting her molars as her cheeks yesterday around her upper mouth were kinda flushed, like when you have a bad tooth ache or infection. Any ideas? I fear if she does not get better today its off to the pediatrician.
Yesterday, I had this itchy neck and back of my head. I thought it was mosquito bites, but it seems like something else. I don't know. It seems to have dissapated. Now,

Today, my lower lid got swollen very quickly. First one part. I thought too that  might be a mosquito bite, but no. The swelling quickly included most of my lower lip. There's no rash or outward sign of penetration. It just looks like someone injected my lips with botox. Inside and outside is swollen. I cannot speak properly now. If it doesn't go down, I don't know what I will do.

***@****
i would get her to the ped right away.

could be an allergic reaction.

seriously.
-------------------------------------------------------------
to the other poster.....
the itchy mosquito bites could be hives.