Children - Special Needs Community
Am I developing a learning disorder?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Am I developing a learning disorder?

Somehow I feel I am getting stupider as I get older-I m only 16 eyars old.

In primary school I was almost always in the top 3 or 5 in my class at all my subjects, which I enjoyed, and at age 13 to15, I feel like I have gotten stupider, I have slid to the middle of the class with failed tests etc...and now I am in 6th form (after some disapointing GCSE results) and I am at the bottom of the class in 3 out of my 4 subjects-this is particularily difficult when my parents and teachers expect so much of me. Over the past 6 months to a year, I have developed a small stutter and it becomes difficult to get my words out, and I can only read when I read the text very slowly.  I am now failing 3 out of the 4 subjects despite the fact that I have been working harder than ever..what is hapening to me???  I plan to go to univercity in a few years...will my mind be completely gone by then?

Joshy
I hope you have shared how you feel with your parents. If not, you should since you may need to see a Dr. You are not stupid or you would not be reaching out for help. Good Luck.
I read you as a competant  clever and interesting young person, dont know if you are a guy or a Gal, maybe I will guess you are a guy!! You know sometimes we try too hard and it seems like we get no where, maybe you also need time to relax and have some fun,very often with clever people our family and friends un wittingly put pressure on and we feel that we have to live up to their expectations, all you can do is your best,How about you take some supplements I know you are thinking ;how the heck will they help me" but it is known that some supplements improve concentration,A Muliple Vitamin_mineral with antioxidants, Vit B Complex Vit C and some Fish oil has also been used to give children and young folk and help with  learning and concentration.No your mind will not be gone when you go to Uni, trust me, have a chat with your parents  sometimes in talking it releases anxious feelings, Good Luck
We have a teen forum and a teen health forum, come back and chat to us here, anytime you want to,