Aspergers?
My brother has just turned eleven and licks the tips of his fingers. He doesn't necessarily seem aware that he is doing this, although, when told to stop he does. At first, it was questioned whether it was an aspect of anxiety but he does it all the time. He can casually just watching the television and he will lick his fingers.
well I used to twirl my hair around my fingers non stop especially when I was concentrating, what makes you think he has any disorder?
It doesn't sound like he has aspergers, my daughter is 7 and has aspergers syndrome...she doesn't like to look people in the eyes it took her until she was 4 to talk she wasn't potty trained until 5 and has been in special needs classroom since pre-k. I don't know why he is doing it but can guarantee that he doesn't have A.S. please don't try to put him in the autism category and have him misdiagnosed. Unless he has more symptoms kind of like my daughter then you should consider A.S.
Many children have odd habits, some chew their hair, some hum a lot, try ignoring the issue if it doesn't get attention it may stop.
meant to ask you, he is your brother, what do your parents think about it ,are they concerned ?
It's very difficult to break habits. From this one thing that you have described it does not sound like he has aspergers.
Some things that kids do with their fingers are actually stimming or tics.  Ask her doctor about it.  If that is the only symptoms she has, then it is probably just a quirk of some sort.  good luck