Can not find a diagnosis to my son!
If anyone has seen this before let me know please!! On 8-4-11 I had my son. That night we found out he had pneumonia in his left lung we was suppose to stay in the hospital for fourteen days to do his medicine. When he was six days old i just got done feeding him  and the nurses took him to give the meds. They came down about 30 minutes later and told me he had stopped breathing and had a seizure we got transported to a bigger hospital and they started to do tests to see what caused this. All the test came back normal except for the eeg came back slow. They put him on seizure meds and the seizures stopped. Then his arms and legs became stiff and he couldnt move them for two weeks. Then they discovered he couldnt  swallow anymore so they took him into surgery to put a feeding tube in. After two months of all the test coming back normal he finally got to come home. We still have no idea why all of this happened. His head isnt growing we did a mri and eeg again and they both came back normal this time. We did a swallow study and once they got past the back of his tongue he swallowed. The doctors told me he would be a little slow on everything but he is right on track. Everything is correcting its self but im still scared if we dont find a diagnosis to this it might happen again. If anyone has ever seen this please let me know!! He is know 7 months and its driving me crazy that no doctor can figure out whats going on!
Did you ask what the meds were that were given to him after the pneumonia ask to see the charts ? He may have been allergic to them .
No but I will make sure I ask tomorrow! never thought about that!!
you said he stopped breathing I wonder what meds they gave him, he may have had an allergic reaction, it should be on his charts, certainly worth checking out anyway , although you would have thought they would have known ...