Children - Special Needs Community
Concerned

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Concerned

My daughter will be 10 mths in 5 days. She stands with help and holds onto the table or my legs for a while and while standing she doesn't bend her knees and quickly gets tired standing. She can't crawl but when she is on her belly she mskes attempts to lift up her torso in the position as if she is getting ready to crawl. She sits up with help and can hold her position for a short while before falling to the side or forward, when she falls forward she lifts herself back up and does this repeatedly. One of my concerns is that she does not control her head well as she is always throwing it back and forward as if playing a game and she would sometimes hit her head when she does this. She eats well, babbles, understands her name, knows her parents and recognises strange faces etc. She also rolls over well. My question is why is she so seemingly wobbly?
She might have a gross motor disorder, this would be problems with balance and possibly hand eye co-ordination.
When she stands up, are her feet facing forward?

There a number of reasons for poor balance, I would suggest seeing a physiotherapist who would probably be able to help alot with balance.

As for the no control of her head, this could be again poor balance, or maybe something else. I'm not sure about that, she could just be slow to learn how to support her body and head.
But I do suggest seeing a physiotherapist.
Have you discussed this with her pediatrician at all? You'd think it would be something they would be concerned about during her checkups. I agree that it sounds like it could be a problem with gross motor skills. It could also be due to low muscle tone. Make sure that you watch for signs of a concussion after she hits her head and even ask your doctor about it.
Oh, many kids are late crawlers and walkers.  I would not worry yet.  Has she met other milestones?  Often kids that are slow at walking will be early talkers.  

She may have low muscle tone which is very common actually.  They do some physical therapy for this and most kids do catch up.  I would talk to your pediatrician about this and get a referrel to have an evaluation.  Intervention for this is pretty simple and the majority of kids respond.  You describe her having trouble when on her belly lifting up and neck control.  
by the way, scared says she's 14 years old just for reference.

I would not at this time assume she has any motor issues.  

If you live in the states, and the doctor is also concerned about her development, you can be refered to the 'early intervention' program that your city offers.  Then specialists begin assessing her and will work with her.  This program runs birth to 3 and is under federal grant.  Then the public school system takes over.  

But I'm guess low muscle tone.  good luck