Children - Special Needs Community
Doctors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Doctors

Why is it that doctoes say one thing and then 2 seconds later its differnt.  Today we went to see my daughters nuroligest and she said that my daughter is behind and then said she is fine and is where she needed to be and ahe needed surgery and then she dont
hi can u elaborate doctors arent always right..how u doing
Good thank you and yourself yea no problem at first,the said that there was nothing wrong with my daughter and then they said,she has cp and is partially paralized on jer left side and again turned around and said nothin is wrong just be happy she is gettin better if there is nothing
hi..i dont know your full circumstances medically with your daughter but i truely can grasp where you are coming from the way you are being fobbed off and passed from pillar to post and not getting the answers you are looking for....,and i also go from my own personal experience...
how are you getting on now? what help are you receiving if any?
i have been through similar experiences..keep posting and i will try to help in any way i can ...best wishes
She goes twice a week to ot and we go to childerns hospital at least once a month she has been in pt since she was 6months old and now they have her in ot its very stressful but I manage for the most part
I have no idea why they do this.. I have been there but I aslo question them as to why they are saying two thing... okay she goes to OT have you thought about maybe going to shriners for a 2nd opinion.. it can't hurt.. bring all of your daughter's medical records with you and any type of imaging with you.
I hope you can gets somewhere with the doctos
We have thought about goin somewhere else but we have to get a referal first and her main doctor said that there was nothin and is nothin wrong with my daughter so its hard to get one
hi..its been a while since last post.. bk in november so first of all how are things going? hope your well and all is good...
CHANGE doctors!!!  It is your right. If they are not answering your questions or making proper referrals then go somewhere else.  
Doctors are so scared of being sued they rarely ever completely state what is wrong or how treatments will work, ect. My daughter is 4 and has 7 specialist doctors we see monthly (thankfully we see four of them at the same time) and its very frustrating to hear this is wrong or maybe its that...or this might work, it might not; it might get better, it might not; ect.

My daughter is epileptic and has neurogenic bladder and bowel disorder and nos they're thinking Mitochondrial Disorder, but they "cant be certain" and itz very upsetting.

I'd say get a second opinion if you can. I know its not always easy (her one doctor is the ONLY specialist in all of Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania), but if you can I'd say do it so at least you'll see if others agree with the current treatment and diagnosis.