Duarte Galactosemia and diet
My child has a Duarte Galactosemia  (Dg 25%). He is 4 months old, breastfed since his birth. I live in Switzerland where a gen. physician told us it was OK to continue with breastfeeding. I am worried because :
1) Many websites mention a special diet, even in case of "only" Duarte Galactosemia.
2) The weight curve of my son is weird, he has overweight: he has almost 8 kilograms which should be the weight of a 6 month child (he is only 4 month old).

Is something wrong? Should we stop breastfeeding and start soy diet?
Thank you in advance.
Here in the U.S. the "experts" are divided on the soy vs. breastmilk or milk based formulas. When my daughter was diagnosed, she was placed on a special diet for the first yr and retested but by the time I had my son(4 yrs later), they had changed their minds and would allow all foods had he tested positive for D/G. I say it's up to you. As far as the weight......he's probably just a chunky baby but you can talk to your dr again if the weight gain continues above normal healthy levels on the charts.