Children - Special Needs Community
Help plz:(
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help plz:(

Hello all,

Plz I'm looking for a good center for children of special needs in the states. Any idea? & it can accept children who're not from the US.

My brother's case as a special need child is getting worse.

THANKS _
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1006035_tn?1391310794
What kind of disability does he have? Are you looking for a hospital or a therapy clinic? The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN is a wonderful hospital that people from all over the world visit.
Blank
Thanks alot my dear

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again
Blank
He needs more diagnosis & tests. All we know,
he has less oxygen in brain & that causes him
speech delay. We have no idea what type of school he should
attend & how to deal with him in term of education & behaviour..he'd been to different schools but didn't stay for long.
Too much into electronics...24 hours!!

Wish to get things better soon
Thanx again
Blank
I'll arrange an appointment with Mayo Clinic soon.
Blank
1006035_tn?1391310794
What do you mean by he is into electronics? Are you saying that he likes to play video games and the computer or that he needs electronic devices in order to be healthy? If he is just using electronic toys too much then you just need to lay down the law and say "no." Make a schedule if need be and enable parental controls.
Blank
He plays with electronics non-stop! We tried with him lots of strategies.. didn't help:(
That affected his morning speech sessions & going to school..because sometimes he plays with
laptop till 2 or 3am!!! & can't get up on time next morning for speech session or school..
It's getting worse, his case! You can't believe how hard it is for the whole family! :(
That's why we need more tests done on him & we need more understanding for such case.

Thanks alot
Blank
BTW, is there a special magazine "monthly or weekly" magazine that is concerned about special needs?

Blank
1006035_tn?1391310794
You can lock the computer so he can't use it. If he throws a fit oh well. Many children do not understand how to stop using electronics. That is quite common. You are the adult so you make the rules, you decide how much time he gets on the laptop. I wouldn't take it away completely, but start making strict limits. Obsessive use of electronics is not necessarily indicative of a developmental problem. It can be, but it is easy for people to get wrapped up in what they are doing and take it too far.  
Blank
Thanks alot for your discussions & yes I did read your posts on your daughter..I liked them all; very true & thoughtful..

All the best
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children - Special Needs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank