Children - Special Needs Community
Infant still cannot hold head very steadily..or reach for toys
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infant still cannot hold head very steadily..or reach for toys

Hi, greetings from India....
I have a baby born on the 14th April this year.... induced birth... forceps... lump in the right side head which took around 2 months to go away..... was developing so well...big smiles ...happy baby etc... until he was 3 and half months old, he suddenly developed a form of seizures upon waking up ( he went rigid in the fetal position with eyes blinking rapidly for about 5-6 secs) This occurred every time he roused from sleep... doctors prescribed phenobarbitone..... but then he started bending forward suddenly only once a time...sometimes he would wake up crying out as if very frightened.... He has very limp muscle tone..doesn't hold head properly, doesn't reached for toys... stopped smiling (which he used to do)....After about 3 months on the medicine with no improvement but getting worse with the other kind of seizuers.... Another Doctor stopped the Phenobarbitone.. and prescribed A-Z vitamin and Gutclear..... Now he is much stronger... can hold head firmly for some times (though not too strongly)... smiles has returned ( i am overjoyed)... but still doesn't reach for things... but i can see so much improvement already..... but still concerned over his low muscle tone and the fact that he has some kind of 4-5 spasms right upon waking up ( which can sometimes be stopped by burping him)... and also he goes the potty only once in every 4-5 days...Please help and suggest as very limited resources this side
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children - Special Needs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank