Children - Special Needs Community
Introducing Dragon1973 as your new Community Leader!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Please join me in welcoming Dragon1973 as your new Community Leader.  Dragon1973 brings much knowledge and experience to your community, and is also CL of the Down syndrome and Genetics Communities.  We look forward to Dragon1973 working with your entire community as it continues to grow!

Regards,

Cheryl
MH Community Mgr
good ho I have been struggling through here for 2 years glad you are here I will let you to it ....congrats
Thank you very much Margypops,

I hope that I am able to provide the same effective help that I have noticed that you have been doing for quite some time.  I hope that you will still post just as often.
My background in special needs comes from years of experience and knowledge that I hope I can pass on to the many people asking and looking for answers.  While first and foremost, my experience is personal (having a son and family members with Special Needs), I also run and coordinate a special needs parent/play group for children with special needs with the YMCA.  I have additional research abilities because of my 13 years being a police officer.  I have friends who work as Early Intervention Therapists, and I have been a parent guide (for parents who receive diagnoses relating to genetic abnormalities - primarily Down syndrome) through the genetics clinic in one of our local hospital in Toronto, Canada.  Before policing I was a EMT and Canadian Ski Patroller and first aid instructor for several years.
My wish is to continue to provide help, assistance, answers and support for those who are looking for these same things.
I don't always know the right answers, and I always suggest medical advice should be asked of a professional - but if I can't help to find the answers I will certainly try my best to point people in the right direction.  I find and have learned, the best help has always come from others.

If there is anything I can help anyone with please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Genetics Community Leader;
Children - Special Needs Community Leader;
Down syndrome Community Leader & Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator
Its a good thing, so many times with childrens special needs one hasnt an answer, I am sure you will have ,look forward to helping you ...