Mentoring a Child
Hello, I am new and am mentoring a child. It has been about 4 months now and I feel it is going pretty good. However, when we see eachother he tends to get bored easily. Now this doesn't make sense because I am 20 years old, am very active and always take him out to go: ride go carts, play pool, go swimming, play basketball, go to arcade. So in my eyes, or his it isn't boring. But, when we are out to those places he just isn't enthused.

Any advice?
If he is old enough to give you verbal information about himself, perhaps you could ask him to draw or talk out some things that he thinks are really cool and would like to  investigate. Perhaps he is a nature boy and wants to look at how an ant moves or fish swim, or animals live. The zoo, perhaps. Try the zoo. You have chosen all "boy" things but children have a nature that very often is the opposite of what we "adults' perceive is their nature. It is time for you to challenge your own beliefs about kids and you may learn a lot. Challenging our beliefs is always an adventure. So you'll both be going on one!
Lots of kids say they are "bored" when they really don't know what or how they are truly feeling.  They may be tired, upset about something else that they have no control over, haven't found something that they are passionate about yet, or may want to make their own choices rather than feel like they are being led.  There is usually something else underlying the lack of enthusiasm.  Sometimes these kids have been so used to passive activities like watching TV that when they are out doing something more physical, they haven't worked up the stamina for it.  Just some things to consider.....