Children - Special Needs Community
My 6 years son is bit slow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

My 6 years son is bit slow

my son who is 6 years old. he looks ok. but his is slow in everything. he doesn't speak fluently our own language. he can't ware his cloths, show. he doesn't write any thing but he is interested in reading but still slow. he doesn't give concentrate in his job.
he like music. running Vachel, football.  
local doctors say he needs more practice to improve his activates. he goes to school. he doesn't stay in class room.
he doesnot have confident standing his own feet. he need help when he wants to ware the cloths. like weak. he looks very healthy. but he is not. this is my first son and we don't want another.
please what should we do? please give us the right way if possible. we would be pleased and thankful.  
Some children are slower than others , it doesnt mean he has a problem, I suggest you have an evaluation done to settle your fears, when you say he doesnt speak your langugae does he speak another language as this may not help , it will take longer for him to adjust ,he likes music thats very good, running and football, all healthy good activities. He goes to school but 'doesnt stay in the classroom?' Dont give him help to dress, make sure he has plenty of time to get dressed but let him do it, let him be in contorl of what he does and how long it takes .Why do you think he is not healthy ? if he looks it why would you think not ..Let us know how he is doing  good luck