Shannon's IEP
Hey, everyone!

I just wanted you to know that Shannon had her most recent IEP at school so the new principle could see if she "really needed" the laptop we're going for so she can do her school work. The whole school system is messed up right now---staff is all new, both in the schools, administration, and in the Board.

The good news is, it's looking like Shannon will get her laptop for middle school! Right now, my parents and the special ed teachers think she'll do fine with the in-class computers, and if nothing else, she's allowed to type in the library or special ed room whenever she feels she needs to. Plus, you've got our computers at home.

Our next step is getting her approved for possible online schooling---private tutoring---in high school. She would go to regular high school for things like Heatlh, Gym, and any "extra" classes or sports she would wanna take. Has anyone else has siblings/kids/family who've done this? I do online schoo part-time, but I don't know how it would go over for a kid with a learning disability.

Just thought I'd let you know! Opinions and thoughts are welcome.
That's wonderful that she is making progress Nd getting the services she needs. As far as the school, just remember by federal law they must prove or disprove the need for any assistive technology. It sounds like you finally have a good group working with your child.