Short term memory loss in my child
My 9 year old son, was diagnosed in 2nd grade with short term memory loss. He is now in 3rd grade and is still reading at a 2nd grade level, mathematics he has the same problem. I am going over everything with him once he comes home from school. I have noticed that he needs to be reminded for everything. I have spoken to his special needs teacher, she states just keep reminding him of his daily chores, his homework. She states repetition is the only way he will learn anything.  Does anyone else out there know where I can get help for him?? Any organizations??
Please help!! Thanks
This is a common trait amongst children but I am wondering if he is on any meds as the side effects can be short term memory loss, if he is ask the Doctor to change or stop them ..
I have a child that is 15 years old and has no short term memory.  She constantly struggles with everything.  She has has had to learn how to learn things a different way.  It takes much patience and you can't let this be a crutch.  Get your a child a medical diagnosis and put him under an Individual Education development Plan (IEP) at school.  The curriculum can be modified.  Such as no more than 10 items on a list to learn.  Tests must be watched closely.  With a lot of patience and many hours of crying they can learn to cope with this.  It is a disorder that creates havoc.  The sooner he learns to use technology.  Making notes on a laptop, or some type of other device, or just asking the teachers to provide copy of notes, and study guides help take the pressure off of him.  Also, try to limit stress, remember what it would take a normal child to do in 10 minutes may take your child an hour or two.  Study in short timeframes no more than 15 to 20 minutes at a time.  Something that one of her best teachers told me was to study in different places, such as outside, in the bathroom, in the car, so they associate learning with several places not just one place (such as the kitchen table).  I have other hints, but much to long to write.  Hope this helps.