Children - Special Needs Community
Vision Therapy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Vision Therapy

My son is 3 1/2 and has a some major visual processing issues.  He gets OT, speech and PT and I feel his vision is the major underlying issue.  Has anyone had success with vision therapy?  If yes, what age did you start it?
Just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat as you with my 8 month old son.  He has some mild delays that has earned him some PT and many many specialist appointments that has turned up nothing except for major eye movement (strabismus) issues.  We really feel the problem is with his eyes...where the docs all wonder if his eyes are a symptom of something bigger...(that they haven't found of course).  We have a vision therapist coming out to assess him in a few weeks.  Hopefully she will be able to help us figure out a direction to go in.  

How is your son?  What types of problems is he having?  I am so curious to hear your response, so if you get a chance please reply.

Thank you.
I am a occupational therapy practioner and was a vision therapist for almost 6 years. I would love to discuss your situation with you more and answer any questions that I can. There is a lot of mixed information out there and it can be confusing and overwhelming at the same time. I am a strong beleiver in the effects of vision therapy interventions on the pediatric population and with sensory integration so please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best,
lola689
Best,
lola689