Children - Special Needs Community
child with no short term memory

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

child with no short term memory

I have a almost nine year old son who was diagnosed by a child psychologist in 1st as having no short term memory. I have know since he was very young that he was behind. He did not start talking till 3 yrs old. My son has and IEP and has a very understanding 3rd grade teacher. He is very far behind in reading,writing, and math. He can't remember his address,phone number etc. I write everything down for him. He also has some speech issues from being behind. He is a very smart boy but he is feeling the weight now of being so far behind everyone else. He is starting to act out at school ALOT!! I think it is because he very frustrated. I need some direction of what I can do for him. I work with him daily with reading and with any homework sent home. This is such a frustrating problem for him and the rest of the family. I feel a little lost since this is such a rare problem. the school as never come across this problem (no short term memory) before. HELP!!
I am sorry your little boy and family are going threw this.

Have the Doctors checked your son blood levels to make sure all his blood levels are where they should be.

And has your son every had a EEG done to make sure he is not having any Seizures.They are may kind of Seizures and some you can see and wouldn't even know he was having them. I ask this because if a person is having Seizures it make it very hard to learn and cause a short term  memory.

watch these videos .And there are many more with different kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE6N0Da8Ce0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRirg-YUqpc