Children - Special Needs Community
downs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

downs

my son has downs, adhd and autistic, he is 26yrs old and over the the past few years has become violent and aggresive (aggressive) towards me,I need help please
Start by asking either your doctor or his doctor where to go for help.  You might need to begin exploring placements for him if he is living with you.
Hi dear,

I know it's taugh, but you have to keep seeking advice from specialists & families who have similar experiences..

Try to be away from the room or the place he's in id he throws things & gets aggressive so you don't get hurt..

Do you have a home care provider (PCA)? Your insurance should be able to provide you with one, especially if you have disability insurance through the state. You shouldn't have to do this on your own. Definitely speak to his doctor about your options and strategies to work with this new development.

I also agree with Annie that it may be time to start looking for a home for him. The U.S. has some great ones. You have invested 26 years of your life into your child (which I think is wonderful), but maybe it's time to get more help so you can live your life. He will also be happier if he is in a place where his needs are being fully met. Good luck.