Children - Special Needs Community
how dO I know?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

how dO I know?

what are the general signs to look for in a toddler with special needs?!
That is a pretty vague question.  Are you saying that your child is already known to have special needs and you are asking what to look for?  
are you asking how to tell if your toddler could possibly have special needs and what signs to look for to determine if he/she does?

In either event, look for delays and anything that is out of the norm.  Look at the whole person.   As a mom, if you feel that something is "not quite right" go with you gut and keep observing and follow up with your pediatrician, ped. neurologist or ped. geneticist.

Your question would be easier to answer with a more comprehensive answer if you had asked a more comprehensive question.