Children - Special Needs Community
leg pain in children

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

leg pain in children

my son justed turned 4 years old,his leg pain started acouple months ago.is this common,he has went to the doctor,they said because due to him having a cold they makes your legs hurt like that,and its common,well tonight we are up with him crying over his legs,its almost like they are restless,wanted some advice!we will be going to doctor!has anyone else have a child that has had the same problem if so what is it.
Well it used to be called growing pains but maybe its too early..make sure he doesnt simply want you to stay in his room or your room,  children will come up with some ingenious ways of getting into their parents bed or staying up late, maybe he is lonely and wants some company.,yes they either want a drink of water , they are hungry (Moms cant resist that one, your child hungry..never)Bathroom, feel sick, stomach ache ,the list goes on ..If you are concerned do take him to the Doctor for a check up it will set your mind at ease..
Hi there chantelle, I have a 10 year old girl who has experienced leg pain her whole entire life. Now,we've had her to a doctor weho said it was growing pains,but a few years ago I noticed anytime she was over active, she'd have lower leg calf pain that very night. So we started putting her legs up on pillows during the night whenever the pain was and gave her tylonel and she did fine. She'd be sore for maybe a day or two, but she is fine.I had her to a allergist for testing and everything. She also sleepwalks at night. So we just listen for her. She only does this sleepwalking periodically. If your concerns are still there, have your child looked at by different doctors. Don't be afraid to get a second opinion.Ask to be sent to a specialist.Your doctor cannot deny you a second opinion.I hope this helps you.