Children - Special Needs Community
possible learning disibilities
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

possible learning disibilities

My son Justin is in 5th grade He has 100's on all work except spelling and math facts. On the FCAT (Florida version of the TEST) He scored 4 in math with 3 being average. He's got a D in math because he can't pass his subtraction, multiplication and division facts. He's no where close to passing. He's losing privileges at school because he can't pass the tests. I had a conference with his teacher who told me he was lazy but very smart. I immediately contacted the guidance counselor to get a child study going. He refused because Justin got a 4 two years in a row in math. He even pulled Justin in and quizzed him. He knew his facts just not fast like they have to for the test... 100 facts in 5 min. We've done flashcards for three years and it's not working. Anyone know what works? Should I request testing in writing? HELP!
Tags: math disibility
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4173517_tn?1350602301
Yes you can as for an IEP and when they look at all of his subjects they can figure out a way to help like put him in a different class to be tested
Blank
yes put it in wriiting that you want him tested. my 14 years was doing this he is dyslexic  good luck and don't let him give up on school I did in 3rd grade and refuse to let the others
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children - Special Needs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...