Children - Special Needs Community
saliva comes frome mouth dont speak well help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to learning and education, motor and movement, neurological brain injury, premature birth, sensory integration, speech and communication, and vision impairment list groups.

6240382?1286916713
MY SON WHEN HE BORN HE HAD FEVER AT THE TIME HE AND AT ALSO THE MOTHER DOCTER GIVE ANTIBIUTIC INJECTION TO MY CHILD. MY SON HE DIDNT TAKE MILK OF MOTHER WELL BECAUSE HE DIDNT BREATH WELL FROM NOSE I GAVED BOTTLE MILK AND FOR BREATHING OFTENLY I PUT NORMAL SLINE IN IS NOSE TO OPEN THE NOSE AND ALSO MOUTH FUNGUS WHITE LYRE IS MOUTH AND SLIVA SECRETION OFTENLY COME FROM IS MOUTH AND THE TONGUE LEFT SIDE ALSO LYRE LITTLE MISSING ,AND NOW HE IS 2 1/2 YEAR OLD PUT HE DIDNT SPEAK WELL HE SPEAK FROM THROAT AND SAME SLIVA SECRETION SECRET FROM IS MOUTH STILL WE DIDNT UNDER STAND WHAT HE SAYING ONLY PAPPA AND MAMA HE SPEAK ,AND HE SPEAK FROM THROAT PLEASE HELP ME THANKS WHAT I DO .MY ENGLISH NOT THAT SORRY FOR THAT.
Tags: Pregnancy
Sorry you had no response sooner, your English is very good, I love the picture of your little boy, have you found the expert/doctor forums here on MH  you may get more feedback there, Have you spoken to a Doctor  to see what they think about this ,I think that saline in his nose maybe helped him breathe and you did the right thing,.As this was a few weeks ago I hope he is doing okay , would you let us know ..good luck
Hi.  Did your son reach milestones on time such as crawling, pulling up and walking?  Does he have issues outside of articulation (being able to say words) such as understanding what you say?  If you ask where something is, can he point to it?  Does he try to use words to say what something is?  Can he follow a one or two step direction?  

If he is having issues with these things and is late on his milestones, then I'd take him to a developmental pediatrician.  Early intervention can help very much.  I'd at the very least consult with a speech pathologist/doctor/therapist in your area to discuss strategies for speech.

Since you mention the saliva, there could be issues with oral motor control which is basically control of the mouth muscles.  That is why I ask about his general gross and fine motor development milestones.  While you wait for an appointment for a speech therapist or developmental pediatrician, I think I'd work on stregthening these oral muscles.  Do it through games such as play music and make all kinds of silly faces and then stop the music and freeze.  Do tongue push ups-------- tongue out and up and down with force/slowly.  Also tongue out and suck it in quickly.  Run tongue along bottom lip (this might be hard for him), tongue side to side (easier). Tongue straight up (probably hard for him to do). Have him make sounds you do and make them letter sounds. (not words but sounds of words).  Give him a lolli pop and have him suck it.  Chewing gum is good.  A thick liquid through a straw is good such as smoothie, milk shake or apple sauce.  Have him blow bubbles.  Also, cut a straw in half and blow cotton balls across the table.  All work on the mouth muscles to stregnthen them and we need that to speak.  

good luck