18 month old rattling chest
My 18 month old son has had a constant rattle in his chest along with a runny nose. We have been told for a year that it was allergies and gave him over the counter meds which did not work. I finally took him to an allergy specialist who tested him and said he has no allergies that they could find. Did a chest xray and he had mucous in his lungs along with a partially collapsed lung. Put him on steroids and antibiotics. It still did not go away so we went to a lung specialist. He is treating him for asthma and also gave him oral steroids as well. This is still not helping his rattle or his nose. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I am just want to know what is going on so he can finally not have to deal with this. Thanks!
Bronchiolitis perhaps? It's usually due to a viral infection. Maybe bring that up to your doctor?
Thank you, I will ask the Dr. Would that last this long though? This has been going on for a year now.
A year? Then I don't know because there would have been serious complications by now. The only causes I am aware of are bonchiolitis, RSV (respiratory syncytial virus), common cold, asthma, and chest congestion. I would see another doctor and get a second opinion. I know it's a pain, but maybe seeing another specialist would be a good idea. I wish you the best and Happy Mother's Day :)
If you think it could be airborne allergies (plants and mold), try local raw honey.  My four year old had terrible allergies: she coughed constantly, her eyes would swell suddenly until they almost closed, runny nose, etc.  We were told to try local raw honey.  We fed her a spoonful a day and after about a week or two, her allergies were gone, never to be seen again.  It was amazing!  And so much better than going to a doctor, getting the grid on her back, being prescribed steroids and who knows what else.  No side effects, no fights over taking medicine.  And, if it doesn't work, you still have delicious honey for your tea and cakes!

Search around online for a local honey producer, I've been able to find one wherever I've lived.  Just get honey that is as LOCAL as possible and RAW, and give it a whirl.  It can't hurt.