Children's Allergies Community
Allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Allergies

My grandson (21/2 yrs) had skin tests for alergies (allergies) and he is allergic to ALL dairy, beef, chicken, tomatoe, banana, oats, eggs, peanut, oats, soy (can't list all of them).  Can you tell us where to find recipes for him...it seems as if there is nothing for him to eat.  He hasn't gained any weight in a year!  Next week he is being tested for environmental allergies.  Thanks for any info.  Karen
how bout potatoes. mashed potatoes, potato soup, french fries. how bout fish. corn, green beans, apples,grapes, cucumbers.
look into vegetables and fruits that he can eat that contain calcium and potassium.
I know it feels like there is nothing he can eat but you will work your way through this.

He can have rice and potato based meals. You didn't mention wheat either so that would mean he can have cous cous, bread (although you might have to make it yourself to get it soy and dairy free). Stir fried veges and fish with rice would work.

My son is allergic to dairy, eggs, and wheat. Polenta with currants and veges is a favourite for him. You will have to make things from scratch and eating out will be difficult. Some of those things might be more intolerances than allergies so he might be able to tolerate a little of it (like cooked soy in commercial breads). Soups (pumpkin, sweet potato, corn). He won't mind he is missing cheese and yoghurt if you make things normal and no fuss now. My son is starting to be able to tolerate a small amount of well cooked egg and dairy now, like in baking (at 7) but many children with milder allergies start seeing an improvement at 3yrs.

Good luck. This will just become your new normal after a while and believe it or not there are some positives. It is a very healthy diet. He won't be costing you a fortune eating out (most places let you take your own food for a child with allergies), he will learn to trust you when you say "you can't have that" and there is much less winging and whining compared to other kids.