Children's Allergies Community
Allergies
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergies

My 3 year old has seasonal allergies and eczema. We recently got a dog. A few days later I had to rush him to the hospital cause he was having a hard time breathing. They said he had croup. My question is could he have gotten sick from the dog being here. Should I get rid of the dog.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2218783_tn?1357574681
has your child ever been allergy tested to see what allergic to?
My daughter has asthma and we have a CAT believe it or not. She does fine around cat but the cat is not around her all the time and the cat has never triggered an asthma attack.
So I would find out first what your child is allergic to first But if she is allergic to Dog then yes it will peobably be necessary to find dog another home.
Good Luck and please let me know what happens :)
Blank
No my son has not been tested to see what he's allergic to. I still have to make an appointment for that. I will keep u posted. I hope we don't have to get rid of the dog. He doesn't seem to be having any symptoms around her.
Blank
2218783_tn?1357574681
Your baby might not be allergic to dog (fingers crossed) we have cat and my daughter has asthma also and she does fine   Good Luck :)))
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children's Allergies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank