Children's Allergies Community
Antibiotic Rash????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Antibiotic Rash????

My 10 month old son is on Amoxicillin for an ear infection, and today he's developed a very spotty red rash on his chest stomach and back. The spots are very close together and raised (they do fade under pressure first thing I checked). He has had 5 courses of  amoxicillin in the last 5 months for chest and ear infections, and I have noticed a rash once before but didnt link it with the medicine. He was in contact with someone with chicken pox (all scabbed over) yesterday but its far too soon after that for it to be chicken pox. So I was wondering if he's developed an allergy to the medicine and whether or not any of you guy know anything about this-what sort of rash too look for, any other symptoms etc. I should also add he is mildly Lactose Intolerant, I do not know if this is related.