Children's Allergies Community
Bloody Nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Bloody Nose

My little sister Kelly is 11 and she's been having bloody noses for three days. They're kind of on the long side. She's been having problem with her seasonal allergies lately, once so bad her eyes were swollen shut and she had to go home to rest and take medicine to make the swelling to go down. I haven't noticed high pollen (because I have bad allergies) but she seems to be suffering.

I have cream for my own nose bleeds that helps keep the nasal passages moist so my nose doesn't bleed, and she's been using that to try to stop the bleeding from coming back. The other day, one was so bad it lasted for a half an hour.

She has season allergies, allergic to cats, latex allergy, and allergic to the glue on band-aids.

Is there anything you guys recommend for us to do for her?
Interesting to note that the glue on band aids is usually latex that's why it causes a reaction most likely.  She should be checked out by her doctor to be sure it's allergy/sinus related, etc. and given medicine to use to help her.

Please keep us posted.
Thanks :) The nosebleeda have slowed so shes just been using my stuff. But my mom said if they keep going like this she's going in.,