Can my daughter inherit my mother's allergies?
My daughter is 15 months old. My mother has an allergy to peanuts and peanut butter. I'd like to introduce new things into my daughter's diet, but because of my mom's allergy, I'm not sure when to do it or how to do it.

What are the chances that my daughter will be allergic to peanut butter, when can I introduce it and how should I do so and what should I look for in case she is allergic as well?
Both me and my husband we dont have allergies, but my 3yr old have many allergies, Before giving her anything contains peanuts a skin test, should be done, that test will prove everything
I have been told by my allergist that a tendency may be there but can be for totally unrelated allergies .. it's more of the autoimmune type of possibility vs. the same allergins.

Cheryl
I found this in the Health Topics in direct resonse to your question!!

http://www.medhelp.org/Medical-Dictionary/Terms/1/002097.htm

Allergies and genetics

Alternative Names
Inherited allergies; Genetics and allergies
Information
A specific allergy is not usually inherited, but the tendency to develop allergies is often passed down through families. If both parents have allergies, their child is likely to have allergies. However, your chance of develop allergies seems to be greater if your mother has allergies.

For general information on allergies and their treatment, see:

Allergy to mold, dander, dust
Drug allergies
Food allergies
Hay fever