Can pitaya fruit cause allergy to toddler?
I gave my 8 month-old baby  a small chunk of pitaya fruit. About 3 hours later, she woke up crying and I saw both of  her ears were red and swollen.  Hours later,  the redness and swelling subsided  but  there was red spots all over her body. Her fingers were swelling red too. I suspected the pitaya fruit was the allergen  beause she was not fed other new types of food that day. Is this possible? What can I do to bring relif to her rashes?
Let me do a bit of research to see what family this fruit is in .. I am not familiar with it .BUT ANY FOOD can cause an allergy and this sounds like an allergic reaction for which, yes, ears can become red and swollen and the rash, too .. ea. intro of the same food may bring worse symptoms.  Definitely tell your Dr and let me see about what this fruit is .. I have never heard of it.

Cheryl
I see it is dragon fruit ... these types of fruits can cross-react to other allergies ... I am not seeing it on a direct list for latex but be very careful with reintroduction and/or intro of other fruits such as kiwi, avacodo, bananna .. these 3 are big latex cross reactions.  

I would defnitely seek medical advice with a pedi allergist .. begin with your ped and see an allergist if they brush you off.

Is this the first fruit/food your baby has reacted to?

Cheryl