Children's Allergies Community
Congestion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Congestion

My 10 month old has been congested since she was born. I don't know if this is related to allergy's or not. Her pediatrician says that it's just something that she has to out grow but I'm not so sure about that. She has a horrible wet cough, and sometimes dry, that is on and off. But he is constantly stopped up and sometimes at night she kind of gasps in her sleep and doesn't breathe all that well. She has has also had 3 or 4 ear infections. And she does seem to keep a runny nose, sometimes clear, sometimes green. I don't know if this will help, but when she was born, before she came out she inhaled her poop. I don't know if that has anything to do with this or not. I am just looking for a second opinion.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
The green exudate from her nose suggests an infection. Change pediatricians. I certainly would not want to wait for my little baby to outgrow an infection.

When her nose is stopped up, take a piece of cotton wool, dip it in saline (salt dissolved in water) and squeeze a little into the nostril. That will clear it and help her breathe.

By the by, she may have sleep apnea, especially if she has a small button nose.
Blank
2125012_tn?1335193802
I had no idea that babies could have sleep apnea. Is that genetic?
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
In a sense it is genetic since babies with small noses (and adults with small noses) tend to be subject to it. But I don't think it has to do with a faulty gene. Is "faulty" the correct term? Well, you know what I mean.
Blank
2125012_tn?1335193802
Ok, thank you. Do I need to take her in and get her checked for it? How exactly do I need to do it, and where do I need to take her?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children's Allergies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...