Children's Allergies Community
Eczema,allergies and asthma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eczema,allergies and asthma

Hi, my 16month old son has really bad eczema. Lifes not been easy for him since day 1. At 6 weeks he developed bronchiolitis, with complications it turned into pnuemonia (pneumonia), after 3 weeks on life support he finally came home, then at 4 months we started weening him and discovered he had allergies, these triggered off eczema but not that bad it was controlled with mild steroid creams. Since then it's become worse and worse. He now has asthma with he currently uses ventilin to control. He is allergic to peanuts, eggs, dairy, tomatoes, peas and has hayfever. For his eczema he has, eumovate, betnovate, doublebase, and aqueous cream. Also he has phenergan to keep his allergies under control but dispite all this hard work he still has infection after infection. It's still constantly sore and itch. Always weeping and crusty. Does anyone one have this problem. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, never mind how he's feeling. Xx