Children's Allergies Community
Multiple allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Multiple allergies

Anyone else have a baby with food allergies that outgrew them?  My dd is 16 months and allergic to soy, wheat, peanut, egg and dairy. Hoping she may someday outgrow them.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Firstly it is important to differentiate between food allergy and food intolerance. Food allergies can cause hives, swelling, difficulty in breathing. It is better to avoid these foods. Most children outgrow allergies to soy and wheat by the time they go to school. It is likely that allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish may last lifelong compared to other food allergies. Milk and egg allergies also usually go off by the age of 8 to 10 years. For more queries and concerns it is best to contact an allergist. I sincerely hope it helps. Do write to me again with more queries.
Best luck and regards!