Children's Allergies Community
Really worried about Mold spores
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Really worried about Mold spores

Hi, I really hope somebody can help me as I'm freaking out about this. A few weeks ago I slightly opened up a tin can of tomato soup but then decided not to have it so put it back in the cupboard and forgot all about it. I found the can this morning and where it has been exposed to oxygen it had a thick layer of greenish mold/mildrew sitting on the top. As I opened up the top of the can to get rid of the contents a puff of mold came out and went into the air. I am now really paranoid that some of the spores would have got onto my clothes or got in my hair and on my body and I'm now freaking that those spores are now in the air and can be transferred and breathed in by others (including babies or people with serious immune problems) which might cause them serious illness, maybe even worse.
I'm really scared that I may have done harm to others so really need to know what are the chances of causing somebody a lot of misfortune by them breathing in the spores.
Any help would be very appreciated as like I say i'm really paranoid and anxious about this.
Thanks
Tags: worried about mold, breathing mold spores
4289156_tn?1352260086
If it bothers you that much, wash your clothes and take a shower - and wipe out your cabinet with lukewarm (not hot) bleach water. Really, though, mold from food can sometimes smell terrible and bring bugs, but it's not toxic on physical contact (unless you ingest it and get food poisoning.) I think you will be just fine. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children's Allergies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...