Children's Allergies Community
Red Bumpy Rash
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Bumpy Rash

My 2 1/2 year old daughter started showing some red bumps last night (around her upper back/neck area) and when we checked her this morning the bumps had spread to her shoulders, chest and stomach area. They haven't turned into blisters yet, but Mikayla is non-stop scratching at them. I took her to the pediatrician and she said she didn't think it was chickenpox but didn't give me any other reason for why she might have a rash. She hasn't eaten anything different, we haven't changed our laundry detergent/softener, we've washed all her new clothes before she wears them. Do you have any idea what might have caused this rash and/or how to prevent it from further agitation?