Children's Allergies Community
Skin Allergy /Rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Skin Allergy /Rash

Hi! Ny son who is going to be 3 next month has developed some skin problem..i am not clear what it is? Can anyonehelp me out? there are small white dots that has developed on his arms and thighs... its been there for almost some month.

Did you show his doc?  Are the dots red around the white?  Does he seem irritable and is he scratching them? What kind of formula is he on?  

I have 4 kids and I'll tell you the first few months can be the most troubling.  Hang in there.

Jennie
My daughter had this very similar situation. She would break out in a rash that I found out to be called eczema. I took her to her perdiatrician who put her on a cortisone cream. The cortisone cream helped, however after it would wear off the rash came back. She was so itchy and seemed like she was in pain. I took her to an allergist specialist who said it could be her detergent or even soap. He recommended an all natural/ hypoallergenic detergent and soap and wait and see if the rash goes away. After a ton of research, I started using what he recommended and within about 2 weeks, my baby girl is RASH FREE!
I saw that these soaps and detergents that are allergy free tend to be expensive.. if anyone is interested in this stuff, I found the cheapest yet best quality soap and detergent at
www. alleproproducts.com -if you are having skin allergies I deff recommend them.
Hope this helps you. Allergies can be a bummer but hang in there.