Children's Allergies Community
bloody mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

bloody mucus

i have a 9 month old that started sneezing alot and nose started running so i took her to the doctor and he said it was probably allergiesand he gave her singular,zertec,and antibotic (antibiotic) this was on a monday  the next day her nose started bleeding alot ,dark red blood and today is thursday and its a bloody mucus.now .what could the bleeding be from and is this normal?
It *may* be from the inflammation coming down and opening up the airways .. the vessels sometimes get disturbed in this process .. as when an adult has a sinus infection that clears .. it all comes out?

BUT YOU SHOULD Call your Ped and let him/her know as we are just patients here, like you and not med professionals.

Especially at 9mos old .. I'd call to advise.

I hope she feels better soon!

Cheryl