Children's Allergies Community
chronic cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

chronic cough

My 10 year old daughter has had problems with cough and catching lots of throat infections and ear infections. The drs diagnosed her with asthma when she was 2 and she has dealt with allergies off and on for awhile. She had surgery march 19 ( tonsil and adenoid removal and ear tube insertion). The dr said this would help her but seems she still has the cough off and on. She saw an allergist just recently. he did a skin test for a few things on her forarms  and said she doesnt have allergies and he said he doesnt think she has asthma. he took her off the meds she has been on  and she has been coughing for 3 weeks. now hes saying it could be acid reflux but she has been on the meds for 3 years for that. I think it is  allergies cause some days she coughs alot and some days not as much . please advise.thank you