diarrhea
My 2 year and 8 month old daughter has had episodes of diarrhea on and off for at least a year.  She even had a parasite test that came out negative.  The diarrhea is only once a day or less for about 6- 10 days and she doesn't seem to be in pain.  This happens about every 2 months and then she is fine again.  She especially gets it after going to a birthday party where she eats a lot of junk food.  I'm wondering if food coloring or preservatives may be the cause...  What course should I take to discover what is wrong?  An allergy test, a blood test??

I don't think you need to make her endure some tests quite yet. Try cutting out food items you think she might be allergic to and see what happens. Common allergies are lactose, soy, and fruit. All which can cause diarrhea. I'd cut out dairy products first. My daughter drinks the off brand Pediasure because she can't have milk or soy. Or she could just be a little dehydrated. I wouldn't worry too much about it.