Children's Allergies Community
eczema

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

eczema

My son is 8yrs old he has this unusual rash at the top of his lip and at the bottom. We have seen a dermatologist a skin specialist no one seems to no what to do. Some days it looks as if its leaving then some days I hate for him to go outside b/c it looks terrible. I've tried so many creams so many lotions nothing is working. Its red with a lot of little white bumps in patches just at the top and below and when you get it wet it looks really bad. What is this?
Maybe its perioral dermatitis.  He seems to be allergic to something.  It could be food, toothpaste, mouth wash etc.  Try eliminating suspected triggers.  

My daughter used to have something similar to this but it eventually went away.  Whenever she would have strawberries or tomato sauce it would flare up.