Children's Allergies Community
egg yolk allergy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

egg yolk allergy?

My baby is 9 months old, I was advised to give egg yolks since it is not allergic and very nutritious.
The first two times I gave her egg yolk she was fine (less than half a yolk). But then for the past two times she started vomiting after 1-2 hrs of having egg yolk. This time we gave her a bigger portion of egg yolk, but not a complete yolk.
First time she vomited, I suspected allergy from banana, since I had  given her a different variety than what she generally has. I tired again after a week, but this  time she had the same problem. She started vomiting after 2 hrs, she vomited 4-5 times till everything in her stomach came out.
I kept giving her sips of water, sugar and bit of salt after the vomiting episodes settled down and then fed her breast milk after an hour. She sleeps off peacefully after that.

I am not sure what to do next? Planning to stop feeding her eggs till she is 1 year old atleast, but I am little worried.
Is this some sort of an allergy? What is the post care treatment to give after vomiting? When do I start eggs next...
Also after her previous vomiting bout, she got dehydration and didnot poop for couple of days, had to give her stool softeners. How do I prevent it this time? Sorry for so many questions, but I am a little concerned.  
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2218783_tn?1357574681
all these are good questions I would ask Your doctor just to be safe as some allergies to food can be very scary.
as far as what to give baby after vomiting to settle her stomach My mom would always tell us she gave us Manzanilla tea (Chamomile tea) she would dilute it with half water and half tea and give it to us warm and it would help our tummys I also followed this tradition and gave it to my kids helps sooth your belly ache.
For constipation My mom would tell us to give our babys a Little drop of olive oil and also warm it up and rub on babies belly again it soothes.
I would wait on giving eggs anymore most babies outgrow this allergy but talk to you doctor and see what test can be done or if doctor recommends when to try again :))
Blank
Thanks for the suggestions.. will definitely try camomile tea...I like it so much.. it never occurred to me that I can give it to my baby to.

I have my appointment with the doctor this weekend, so I am definitely going to ask all of these questions to him... but when the  allergy strikes at odd hours it leaves to perplexed
Blank
** it leaves me so perplexed.. (typo)..
Blank
2218783_tn?1357574681
Good Luck I Know when are kids are sick Its scary :(

My Lil one has severe asthma and Its under control but getting there was hard.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Children's Allergies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...