Children's Allergies Community
itchy lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

itchy lips

My 7 year old son is having almost daily lip itching with minor rash around lip/chin, some slight lip swelling, from unknown cause.  Currently undergoing allergy testing, which suggested wheat, meat tenderizer and garlic.  I cut these out but he is still getting symptoms.  He also has peanut allergy.  Can someone out there help me?!  Am not getting answers from allergist.
Is your son's condition only prevalent during  dry season?  I have almost similar condition too once in a while. My lips woulds suddenly feel itchy  and the area around the lipline  would  peel. My lips would also feels crusty and I could see peels of dried skin on  certain part of  my lips. Once it got so bad that my lips were actually swollen and red. I went to 2 dermatologist who prescribed antibiotic cream to me but it didn't work. In the end, I went to see a pharmacist who told me that it could be caused by dry weather.
I took note of it. Soon I noticced that every time the weather is dry or if I was in the air-con room for a period of time, the condition occur. The solution is, I have to keep on applying lip balm or petroleum jelly.
Perhaps you can try this out. It would take you weeks to see the improvement.