Children's Allergies Community
looking for info for 7 year old
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

looking for info for 7 year old

My 7 year old daughter was having heart palpitations and chest pain. I had taken her to the doctor several times. They ran tests on her heart and came to the conclusion that there is nothing really wrong with her heart so they ran blood work and discovered that she is anemic and her blood platelets are low. She had bleeding gums for several months and really terrible nose bleeds and bruising. Anyhow, after running more blood work they found that her ige level (something that shows her response to allergies?) was at almost 1300. The doctor had done allergy testing last year on her and she showed dust mites and cat allergies. He said her nose is totally inflammed and put her on a spray as well as singulair. He says to get rid of the cat because it is hard to control where the cat is in the house. With three kids it is hard to keep doors closed all the time. I was unsure wether to get rid of the cat but since she has been on this medication her chest pain and palpitations have stopped. Has anyone else had heart or chest related things with allergies because it seems that might be what it was after all. He also thinks the low platelets is that the allergies are suppressing her immune system. I know this may not be that common but if anyone has any information or a starting point for me I would really appreciate it.