Children's Allergies Community
pale white patches and spots on cheeks, face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to children’s allergies, hay fever, school issues, and allergies to animals and pets, birch pollen, drugs, dust mites, foods, insect stings, latex, mold, MSG, ragweed, peanut, and sulfite.

My seven year old son has developed some pale white patches and spots on his cheeks which looks like skin discoloration. He has several small pale white spots on the upper half of his cheeks appearing close to each other in an oval pattern and also he has pea sized pale white patches on the lower area of his cheeks  in a circular/oval shape. These spots and patches were present for a month now but were not so prominent. They have become noticeable within the past week. Can you please advice how should we proceed with the treatment of this skin condition? Is it a summer time sun related skin issue or are we looking at something more serious? He also has some cold and cough going on for the past few weeks.

I think maybe the Dermatology Community may be able to help.  It doesn't sound allergy related to me, but I'm not a Doctor .. I'd try Dermatology.

Cheryl
Could be an allergy or sun related if you live in a warm place,do the patches itch? are they raised? Possibly something on his hands he is rubbing onto his Face, has he pale skin or Dark skin Really you need to ask the Doc and then see a Dermatologist if he says so.
Oh, don't worry I have the same thing on my cheek. It's just wring worm, it's a type of fungle infection. It's not harmful but it stays for a while if not treated.